Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Dining Room Mix & Match Recolors

Was working on a new house recently, and when I got to furnishing the dining room, I couldn't decide on one particular set, I liked a little from one set, a little from another. So I recolored what I needed from each set to make them all match up nicely.

The first set I started with was the Marazan Dining Room Set by Reflex Sims. I love using this set, because the tables easily connect without the use of the boolprop cheat to make a larger table. I recolored the whole set black - including the table glass to give it a solid wood look - however I felt the table came out a bit too dark, which is why I also recolored Reflex Sims Ferro Dining Room Set (i'll get to that in a minute). But I liked how the chairs came out - the cushions are black and the framing is silver. So for my particular use, the chairs were perfect for the head & foot of the table. In the download I did include both the chair & table recolor. Just remember to pop over to Reflex Sims to download the Marazan Dining Room Meshes (category downloads/dining rooms/page 1).

Download Marazan Black Recolor



As I mentioned above I wasn't satisfied with the Marazan table results, so I recolored the Ferro Set - another Reflex Sims Set I use often in my Sims 2 dining rooms. This recolor has a grayish/black appearance, which I liked much better - it can easily fit into multiple style categories - goth, modern, contemporary (maybe???). The pieces I recolored include the table, chandelier, chair, & sideboard. Again, you'll need to download Reflex Sim's Ferro Dining Room meshes (category downloads/dining rooms/page 2). In my pictures I put multiple tables together & the Marazan Chairs are centered on the head and foot of the table - to do this, i used the cheats move_objects on and boolprop snapobjectstogrid false.

Download Ferro Gray/Black Recolor



The last part of this set is a sideboard and a hutch/display cabinet. I love Eliza-37Sims Emile Set, and so I recolored her sideboard & display cabinet black for this purpose. You will need to download her Meshes for my recolors to work, you can download them from here: Emile Dining Room.

DOWNLOAD Emile Sideboard & Display Cabinet Black Recolors

No comments:

Post a Comment