Friday, November 14, 2014

The Walking Dead Bedroom Project....

Wasn't planning to have something ready for another few weeks but I started working on building "My House" (and I say that with quotes because its more or less my house, if I had an extra $250,000 lying around to fully renovate to the caliber I'm designing it as in the game) and I asked each of my children what theme they'd like for their bedrooms. My 11 1/2 year old son requested his absolute favorite TV show (and one of my favorites too), The Walking Dead.

There's really no TWD themed custom creations anywhere on the web for The Sims 2 so I got to work. I've come up with a bedding set, some curtains, some rugs, and a few posters that seem appropriate for a pre-teen boys bedroom without going overboard. Now my son still hasn't seen what I made, I've decided to surprise him when he gets home from school this afternoon - so you guys are all getting first peek :)



The hardest part of this set was getting the bedding texture right. Took me two tries but I'm satisfied with the results.

One a double bed the pattern kind of repeats itself but I actually think thats kind of cool in a way so I left it alone.


Closeup of the pillows:



There's three rugs in total in this set - The walker "Hannah" rug above as well as the "Don't Open, Dead Inside" require the H&M Fashion Stuff Pack and the "The Walking Dead" mat requires Family Fun Stuff.


The Curtain's - you'll need Avalon Sims' 2 Jia Curtain Meshes for these, which I have included in the RAR file.


The Walking Dead poster & the Crossbow Poster require University and the Prints of Terminus & Woodbury require Nightlife. Also included in this set is my black recolors of the Patchwork Desk (Teen Style Stuff) and the Hemnes 3 Drawer Dresser(Ikea Home Stuff). To achieve the look of a triple dresses, use the cheat codes (ctrl+shift+c) "boolprop snapobjectstogrid false" and "move_objects on".

There's also a Collection File & Icon included.

The table lamps in this file are from the Alexis Neo Classic Bedroom Set by Ea Sims - you can find it at the Sims Cave, here: http://simscave.mustbedestroyed.org/index.php?topic=6255.0, the wood blinds are from Caravan Sim's Louisiana Set, you can find it here: http://simscave.mustbedestroyed.org/index.php?topic=21210.0, the Windows & doors are by Phoenix Phaerie, you can find them here: http://modthesims.info/member.php?u=295417 (her Modern Georgian Set), the floor I made you can find it in my yahoo group: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/TheSims2FanaticsCommunity/files/Rougue/Walls%20and%20Floors/ (my mudd room floor), the rest of the items not listed are directly from TS2 and are included in the collection file.

You can download The Walking Dead Bedroom Project Here: https://app.box.com/s/1pt8t3z79nouarjbseyr

Enjoy!!!

1 comment:

  1. Nice work.
    Like the BLOODY curtains!
    My huge thanks.

    Fata Morgana from Cradle of Darkness.

    ReplyDelete