Monday, March 23, 2015

Fixed at last...

Finally got my lap top up and running a couple of days ago. I got a new hard drive a few weeks ago, which works great, however, I tried to install Windows 7 on my lap top instead of Windows 8 - and it didn't work out so well. Apparently my computer was specifically designed for Windows 8 - and while my hard drive was accepting Windows 7 for the basics, since all my drivers, network adapters, and other components in this computer work with Windows 8 or higher only. My computer genius brother in law tried to help me get it working on Windows 7 and everything worked except getting on line with this computer. So I finally gave in and bought a copy of Windows 8.1 which is working beautifully.

I started reinstalling my Sims 2 games, which was going well until I tried to install University, it keeps getting stuck at 54%. I'm guessing that since all the other EP's are going in just fine that University must have corrupted, so I'll have to buy a new copy. Well at least with Sims 4 out the Sims 2 games are now cheap :) Hopefully I'll be set up and ready to go soon, I'm itching to get back to creating stuff!!

No comments:

Post a Comment