Sunday, June 24, 2018

Modern Bedroom Set



So this set didn't start out as a bedroom set. Originally I had just planned on recoloring the paintings from Reflex Sim's Horizon Bedroom Set. And that's exactly what I had done. I made 4 recolors as a matter of fact of those paintings. And then when I was testing them, I decided I needed to add more to the set, so I recolored almost the entire set. (Only the candles and plant I left out).

In addition to recoloring the set, I redesigned the door to the wardrobe a little bit, instead of that very lovely Buddah carving (I think it's Buddah???? I could be wrong) on the door, I simplified it, making it just a simple wood door with a small frame and a vintage door knob added. I used a basic Maxis dark wood texture, so game objects that are available in the same dark wood can be added to the room and will match.

I'm sure I don't need to tell you the meshes AREN'T included, however they are available for free on Reflex Sim's Website - you can find them in the category Downloads/Bedrooms/Page Three - you don't have to scroll too far to find it. Included in my recolor are: 4 painting recolors, the bed, wardrobe, sofa, chair, end table, and coffee table. BTW the bedding seen in the photos is not included. The regular premade game beddings just wouldn't do this set justice so I used a custom created one - I'm not positive, but I likely downloaded it from Mod The Sims.

Download Horizon Bedroom Recolor

No comments:

Post a Comment