Sunday, May 18, 2014

Getting with the times....

I love playing and creating for the Sims Games. It started with the Sims 1 - and I still love the original Sims games. While so many friends and creators around the community switched to the Sims 2 - I stubbornly stuck with the Sims 1, refusing to believe anything could be better then the original. I enjoyed creating new things for the Sims 1 and created a Yahoo Group, The Sims Fanatics Communityto share them at, and invited my good friend Val to join me. Eventually the groups grew into several groups, and 2 other members who became good friends joined our creative team, Bruce and Rosemary - and later several other friends joined the creative fun. Eventually I was given little choice but to upgrade - after my toddler got her hands on my game box, taking out all the games and broke the one oh so important disk. At that point it was either, rebuy the Sims 1 Complete Collection or give the Sims 2 a try - sadly I was still far behind everyone else - by then the Sims 3 had been out nearly a year and most my friends in the community has already made the switch. But hey, since when do I follow the herd, right? Took me quite a while to learn even how to create walls & floors for the Sims 2, not for lack of desire, just lack of time, and an older, fussier computer that just didn't like running the Homecrafter 2, and then flat out refused to load Sims PE. Eventually with a little help from Val, I managed to get the Homecrafter working in my fussy computer and had a load of fun creating walls & floors and sharing them at the Sims 2 Fanatics Community. Once I finally upgraded my computer to Windows 7 I got Sims PE to run in my old dinosaur & started to learn how to recolor objects and had even more creative fun to share :) Meshing is another story, my brain has been resilient against learning how to mesh in Milkshape 3d & UV Mapper since my days with the Sims 1. But hey, I'm not really complaining, I'm satisfied with my recoloring skills so far, and might give learning how to mesh another try when I have some more free time on my hands. And now also realizing not many people really like to join yahoo groups anymore, I've decided to create this blog, my little way of trying to Get With the Times (although Sims 4 is coming out soon and I still have no intention of trying it or the Sims 3 anytime soon). I will still be sharing my Sims 2 creations at the Sims 2 Fanatics Community YG but for your convenience I will be posting them to this blog as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment